Friday, June 12, 2015

Chores


A typical day on the farm in the morning is getting up in the morning and doing the chores. Each week we trade off chores. This week I have the chickens and the pigs on our side of the road. What I mean about "our side of the road" is that our Grandma live across the street and we have 2 horses over there and the cows and also another hen house of chickens. For the pigs I have to fill up their water bucket, give them 1 scoop of food, which is about 3 cups in each scoop, and train them. They are 4-H pigs so in August we go to the fair grounds and sell them after you show them. They have to go around the ring. The judge looks for certain things on your pigs. They give them a sonogram to make sure that there is a marbling of fat and muscle. In order to sell they must be 210 pounds.  For the chickens all I have to do is fill their water and check to make sure there are no eggs. If there are eggs I have to gather them and bring them inside to be eaten. I also have to check and make sure that they have food. My chores are pretty simple but they take about 10 minutes to do if I do them fast.

2 comments:

  1. How else do you have to train your pigs?-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to train them with a cane also. I am staring it today!

    ReplyDelete